Jen Smith

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Today

I wrote this song in the summer of 2008 when the United States was experiencing an unusual amount of storms with very severe intensity. This video was put together by a friend of mine who inserted video footage from various storms from Katrina to this last summer.




Lyrics "Today"

Father please, don't hide yourself from me today
I'm weak, Father please, Don't be far away
Today, Please help me


This ocean of misery, it drowns me in its pain
And this storm that surrounds me, it's taking my breath, away

Father please, Please, Hear my prayer today
These tears they fall, But never wash the pain away
Father please, help me.

Chorus

For I surrender all of me
Even the parts that I can't see
Because I know, deep in my soul
Is a heart that will never be broken

Chorus (softly)

Takes my breath away
It takes, my breath away
It takes, my breath away (softly) X2
posted by Jen Smith at 1:41 PM

1 Comments:

hi, jenn this is jennifer debra'a sister n law i just wanted to say i found your blog page today and i have been listening to your music and have read the words you have written and i want to say you sound really good , and i like your songs..

December 6, 2008 at 12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home