Jen Smith

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Broken

This was a song that I wrote for a boy named Nathaniel and his family. Nathaniel died of a rare form of cancer May 8th 2006. For the last month and a half of his life we made several trips from Minnesota to Missouri to be with him and his family. During that short while I grew to love this little boy and I miss him very much.



Lyrics "Broken"

I wonder if you ever knew
As I lay here thinking of you
Of all the hurt I've held so deep inside
And though I wanted too I just couldn't let it go

Your hand reached out to me
As if to say, "I've been there too"
And all this hurt I've held just melted away
Because of you, Because of you
I was broken, I was broken

And I wished that you could know
I once held a miracle
Sometimes when we don't see things right
We miss the beauty we truly behold
And I won't forget

When your hand reached out to me
As if to say "I've been there too"
And all this hurt I've held was melted away
Because of you, Because of you
I was broken, I was broken

Repeat softly
posted by Jen Smith at 1:52 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home